How to Choose and Benefit from a Spiritual Life Coach
I feel very blessed and fortunate that I had the benefit of a spiritual life coach in all the years of my life while I was growing up, though at the time I probably would not have called her that. The person I trusted to share uplifting, life-affirming insights and ideas that helped me feel connected to the Divine was my grandmother, who I called “Mor Mor,” meaning “mother’s mother” in Swedish.
What Spiritual Life Coaches Do
Imagine being able to say anything without being judged, where you feel accepted and safely wrapped in love. In such a supportive environment, you can break free from fears–both spoken and unspoken–that may have been holding you back for years, and start to see an expanded horizon of possibilities from which to choose.
A good Spiritual Life Coach helps you feel positive emotions from connecting with the unseen animating power that brings meaning and inspiration to your life, discovering a deeper sense of who you truly are, and a clearer sense of what you need most at this time in your life. You can gain a sense of empowerment and passion from living your daily life according to your unique path of personal and spiritual growth, without judging you based on attributes such as age, gender, race, or religious affiliation.
A good Spiritual Life Coach guides you to feel fully engaged in life and in positive service in the world, recognizing ongoing communications between you and the universe happening each moment of every day. It’s wonderfully exciting to explore your most beneficial options in a multiverse of infinite possibility, with supportive guidance each step of the way!
What to Look for When Choosing the Right Spiritual Life Coach for You
Because working with a Spiritual Life Coach can be such an intensely personal experience, it’s essential to select someone you feel safe with, whom you can trust. You can view a selection of Spiritual Life Coaches rather quickly by conducting an internet search for the search term, “Spiritual Life Coach,” in order to find websites with informational pages. Once you’ve screened potential Spiritual Life Coaches for all requirements you feel are mandatory, measurable and realistic, it’s time to evaluate how you would rate the Spiritual Life Coaches you’re considering according to the following considerations:
* Experience – How many years of experience does each coach have in Spiritual Life Coaching? While it’s true that Spiritual Life Coaches can be quite good right from the start, there are benefits from working with Spiritual Life Coaches who’ve been working with a wide variety of clients for many years, and who have a correspondingly large number of tools in their Spiritual Life Coaching toolkit to help people with. While some spiritual coaching certification programs exist, excellent coaches don’t automatically spring forth by passing such programs.
• Testimonials – How many testimonials for each Spiritual Life Coach resonate for you? While not everyone writes testimonials for Spiritual Life Coaches, it’s safe to assume that for each person who does write glowing words of praise there are many others who feel similarly. You can often learn quite a lot about prospective coaches based on how others appreciate them.
• Philosophy – How harmoniously does each coach’s philosophy match yours? Because it’s so helpful to work with a Spiritual Life Coach you can trust, it’s a good idea to find one whose philosophy is similar enough to yours that you feel comfortable. Look for Spiritual Life Coaches who specifically state their philosophy, background and beliefs, and pay attention to whether or not each one is open-minded with regard to assisting those from different religious and spiritual paths.
• Methodology – How do each coach’s stated methodologies resonate for you? Some of the most experienced Spiritual Life Coaches have a large variety of possible ways to work with clients, whereas newer Spiritual Life Coaches might have just a few. It’s a good idea to find out what a typical session includes, and what kinds of methodologies are typically employed. While trademarked special processes sound flashy, the best coaches understand that their value comes from the very simple–yet powerful–connection that each of us has to the Divine.
Freedom – What commitments or conditions are required by each coach of their clientele? While most people benefit from continuing Spiritual Life Coaching for a minimum of several months, and preferably several years, beware of coaches who require that you work exclusively with them. Ideally, you should always be free to continue or discontinue working with a Spiritual Life Coach whenever you feel inspired to do, as well as free to work with other advisors as you deem to be best for you.
Availability – How will you communicate with your Spiritual Life Coach? Thanks to telephones and the internet, it’s now possible to work with a Spiritual Life Coach from anywhere in the world. If you feel most comfortable working with someone in person, then look for recommended coaches living in your immediate area. The majority of clients for most Spiritual Life Coaches practicing today are through telephone and Skype connections, and these sessions can be every bit as powerful and productive as the in-person kind.
• Price – How clearly are coaching prices stated, and how affordable are they for you?
How to Prepare for Your Spiritual Life Coaching Session
Spiritual Life Coaching can bring you substantially greater insights and rewards if you do a couple of simple things to prepare yourself prior to each session.
• Initial Status – Take a few minutes to write down the areas you’d most like to see transformed, along with whatever roadblocks or obstructions currently appear to be in the way. Such a pre-session initial status report serves to remind you of your commitment to gaining a clearer sense of who you are and what you most need in life, and later can provide you with a record of how you are transforming and growing.
• Meditate – Meditate for between five to thirty minutes immediately prior to your coaching session. Breathe deeply and fully to your lower abdomen, while relaxing your muscles and clearing your mind.
You can see my video blog post on Spiritual Life Coaching at: http://youtu.be/HS2RZMjosT8
Thank you for reading and sharing this blog post! Chances are good that if you liked this post, you’ll also enjoy my books, especially Reality Shifts: When Consciousness Changes the Physical World