To those who can see it, the human aura looks and feels like a glowing, egg-shaped light that surrounds the human body. It is most pronounced around the head and shoulders, but extends outward for several inches (and sometimes several feet) from our heads down to our toes. Even if you can’t see the waves of energy that are burning brightly all around us, enveloping and connecting us to everything on Earth and throughout this universe, you can certainly feel them. Good physical, mental, and emotional health appears in the form of large auras that are full of bright colors, clear tones, and active patterns. When you start viewing your aura, you will see how its size varies from hour to hour, and day to day. You’ll notice how your life feels more vibrant on days when your aura is brighter and more challenging on days when you aura si dimmer. You’ll get insights into any tendencies you might have toward depression, being accident-prone, or illness… or be able to see the locations of infection. Healthy auras are colorful and fre e of dark areas, tears, breaks, holes, asymmetries, and other similar problems.
Edgar Cayce wrote in Auras: An Essay on the Meaning of Colors, “Ever since I can remember I have seen colors in connection with people. I do not remember a time when the human beings I encountered did not register on my retina with blues and greens and reds gently pouring from their heads and shoulders. It was a long time before I realized that other people did not see these colors. It was a long time before I heard the word aura, and learned to apply it to this phenomenon that to me was comonplace. I do not ever thingk of people except in in connection with their auras; I see them change in my friends and loved ones as time goes by–sickness, dejection, love, fulfillment–these are all reflected int he aura, and for me the aura is the weathervane of the soul. It shows which way the winds of destiny are blowing.”
Your aura is the energetic boundary around you that defines your personal space. Notice how good it feels to sit under a tree or on the shore next to a body of water. Natural places that are ecologically balanced are full of energy that can help to equalize your own energy systems. This is why it feels so good to be out in nature! We humans are part of the intericatedly interconnected system of energy waves, and can heal and be healed by the energy systems around us. You can prove this to yourself the next time you feel hemmed in by the manmade world. Take a break from your usual routine and go to a natural setting where you can spend a little quality, quiet time. Once you arrive at this place, ask yourself, “How do I feel?” Regardless of what you do or don’t do, chances are very good that after you’ve spent twenty or thirty minutes in this natural setting, you’ll be feeling energized and your aura will be shining more brightly.
Exercise for Seeing Your Own Aura: Hands
1. Find a place where you can view your hands in natural or indirect light, with an off- white background. Paper or sheets of fabric do nicely, as do off-white colored walls.
2. Relax, breathe deeply and calmly, rest your eyes, and imagine yourself grounded to the center of the earth.
3. Gently stroke or tap your forehead between your eyebrows and hairline to stimulate the third eye chakra.
4. Extend one hand as comfortably as possible at arm’s length, and rest it in a comfortable position where it can stay in for several minutes.
5. Gaze at an imaginary spot located halfway between your index finger and thumb, keeping your vision focused exactly where you imagine that spot to be. By not looking directly at your fingers and adjusting your focus, you improve your chances of seeing your aura.
6. Remember one of the happiest days of your life, and how good you felt at the very best moment of that day. Continue gazing at that imaginary spot between your index finger and thumb, until you start to see the aura around your fingers.
7. Once you see your aura, notice what colors it has, and how it is distributed around your thumb, palm, and fingers. Is it even, or is it stronger in one place than another? Draw a sketch of what you see in a journal or notebook, using color pencils or crayons if you wish, and making note of how you were feeling at the time.
How did you like this exercise? This hand-viewing exercise is a great one to repeat often because it’s so simple to do, and you might find you can practice it when you are in a waiting room or any other time when you have a few extra minutes on your hands. I hope you took a few minutes to make a simple sketch of your aura, if you saw one this time. Keeping a record of what you observe is something that you’ll grow to appreciate as you start developing your auric viewing abilities and noticing differences in your aura. It’s fun to see how much easier aura viewing gets the more you do it!
You can watch me discuss this fast method for seeting your aura in just four minutes on my YouTube video at: http://youtu.be/1617z8K7lTo
Please feel free to comment with your thoughts and ideas here on this blog and in the comments under the video. I’d love to know how you feel!
This article is excerpted with permission from Cynthia Sue Larson‘s best-selling book, Aura Advantage: How the Colors in Your Aura Can Help you Attain Your Desires and Attract Success
Cynthia Sue Larson is the best-selling author of six books, including Quantum Jumps, Reality Shifts, Aura Advantage, High Energy Money, and Karen Kimball and the Dream Weaver’s Web, and the Aura Healing Meditations CD, but you’re just as likely to find her meditating or practicing martial arts as writing books. Cynthia has been featured in numerous shows including the History Channel, Coast to Coast AM, and BBC. Learn how consciousness changes the physical world by subscribing to her (free!) popular monthly ezine published at: www.realityshifters.com